Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Biercamp

Dropped in Biercamp today for a sausage craving, and stumbled upon this new-to-me goodie, a house made pancake mix.  The ingredients were just as if I would have made it myself, flour, leavening, sugar & salt. But convenient because it's all portioned out. It's really quite genius for a sausage store to throw in a bag of pancake mix.
I turned it into a fantastic waffle foundation by following the recipe on the back- except for two changes. I separated the eggs, whisking the whites to semi soft peaks to fold in at the end while combining the yolks with the buttermilk. I also added two Michigan zucchini, grated and squeezed to rid extra liquid, and a little bit of ground cumin, chili and black pepper.
Topped with some green zebra jam (see earlier post), paired with a caprese salad and of course a mouth watering Biercamp sausage.  Let's just say there were no leftovers. 





No comments: