Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cecilia's pastries

On Tuesday night I took an eclair class at Cecilia's pastries. Why? Because I had recently tried to master making them in my own kitchen to no avail. They tasted okay, but we're not quite up to snuff. Naturally I was excited to see this class on her roster.

I'm not going to take you on a step by step recount of the class. Except to say that if you have the interest in learning about anything that Cecilia teaches, you should absolutely take one of her classes. She is a phenomenal teacher, instructing first by doing, then shadowing us as we attempted. Class sizes are small; ours was only three which allowed for much one on one time. She is so personable and friendly, quick to laugh and banter with her husband who helps facilitate the classes. I certainly understand why her classes are so popular. After taking one, I can't wait to do another.

No comments: