Tuesday, June 14, 2011

sweet as...

Ladies and Gents, we have honey in the hives.  After last year's poor performance, I decided to give it another go. And we've been coasting along for about a month. 

But this is how I found the hives this morning...
Toppled & tumbled, but luckily not destroyed.  I don't know if I'm overreacting, but just last night I read on Annarbor.com that there were two separate black bear sightings only three miles from my house.  Could this be? a bear?  I don't know what did this, but something else wanted honey. 

So this morning, I put my sexy white suit on - and walked out there, only to find that nothing was broken only disassembled.  And to my surprise, honey.  Honey is in the frames. I scraped three square inches off one foundation to find
I was giggling as I walked back to the house, tasting it all the way. 
It's straining off in the kitchen now.  Beautiful and Delicious!

No comments: