There are plenty of presents and four giggling children. And of course, there is the Christ Child. My Savior. But when he created me he gave me tastebuds; possibly, the greatest Christmas present ever received. Around here, we don't dream of sugar plums. We dream of yorkshire pudding and prime ribs. We wait, we salivate for the Christmas food.
- williams-sonoma croissants
- chive scrambled eggs
- cherry bacon from Sparrow Market
- sliced fresh pineapple
- eggnog latte
- virgin Marys (with a declaration from Dad that "It's been a while since he's had a virgin ... Mary"- seriously?)
Snacks and Apps
You've had a late filling breakfast during break from present opening. You know you're going to have a rich dinner, but you need a little snack in the early afternoon to tide you over.
various crackers & breadsticks, prosciutto (can't live without it), brie, comte, beemster aged gouda, zingerman's pimento cheese, marinated mushrooms, green spanish olives
nantucket bay scallops seared with a balsamic reductionDessert
- spinach salad with poached shrimp, pomegranate seeds, mild gorgonzola simply dressed with Joseph vinegar, my favorite french olive oil and maldon sea salt.
- beef tenderloin from Sparrow roasted with a mustard herb paste :: topped with a mushroom cabernet cream
- truffled mashed potatoes (mashed in the food mill and combined with truffle butter and white truffle oil, with sour cream)
- roasted broccoli tossed in pistachio paste