Monday, April 20, 2009

sights of Chicago's green city farmer's market



Although we were in Chicago for a family getaway, my kind husband allowed me an hour here or there to myself. My favorite solitary hour was at Chicago's Green City Farmer's Market where I walked around this relatively small inside space packed with merchants and buyers. This year was the first contiguous of the Green City FM, and last Saturday happened to be the final indoor week. I was looking forward to the lighting conditions of the outdoors, but I made do with what I had.





With a three hour drive from home, I should have had more self control, but I broke down and purchased quite a bundle of goodies, including; a spring green/sprout mix, palmiers and the best shortbread I've ever had in my whole life from Floriole, honey and Lithuanian Bacon buns (who knew?) from Bron's Bee Co , bread cheese from Brunkow Cheese Co. & cider and dried apples from Seedling Fruit. Let's just say that if I lived in the windy city, I'd be there every week.






No comments: