Thursday, May 04, 2006

SURPRISE!!!

Don't know why the previous post has the wrong date, but oh well.

So remember I was away relaxing with my husband and suckler. NO, siree. It's sooo much better than that. For my 30th birthday, not only was I at what seems to be the most fabulous place in the world, but my closest friends and family showed up AS A SURPRISE to celebrate it with me. Generally I'm not one to be gullible enough to be surprised, but this?!? I was totally shocked and amazed. Still am. What amazing friends I have. Bet you wish you had them.

It was all in all literally beyond my imagination. I was so relaxed when I got home. Now I totally understand those commercials for a cruise line where the people are so forlorn that only yesterday tea was brought to their rooms promptly at 4 p.m. and only yesterday roses were brought to their room, etc. That's what I felt like when I returned. I tried to say "charge it to the room" at the supermarket, but they thought I'd lost my mind. Haven't had such fun in quite a while.

To bring this back to theme of food and consuming all things good, the food at the resort was fantastic, from the southwestern breakfasts, to the poolside smoothies and southwestern caesar salads (mmm), to the outstanding restaurant LaTilla (who knew smoked antelope would taste so good). Wishing there was a link for you to see the menu. My entree there was fabulous, butter poached Lobster nestled into a cauliflower "risotto" (they added the quotes). Even haters of cauliflower would have loved this mash of cauliflower and peas and a whole lot of cheesy goodness. Made my tongue sing; happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday from my t to my c, happy birthday to me. Explaining that one will have to be yet another post.

No comments: