Thursday, October 23, 2014

Birthday dinner: belated October 6


My daughter didn't know what she wanted for her birthday dinner.  "I like to eat everything!" It's a hard problem that I associate with.  So I looked to the fridge and found a head of cauliflower.
 
Roast a whole head of cauliflower.  Just do it. In this case, I drizzled it with curry oil and salt.

My son pitched in with a comment, "I one time had this really great pistachio crusted tofu at that place in... where was that?".  So it started to come together. 

It finally came together: on a bed of spinach with roasted teacup tomatoes, brown rice, and drizzled with an indian pickle viniagrette.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome!

Shannon said...

That looks fantastic. How does one get one's children to request pistachio crusted tofu?!?