Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Revisited

Dear Mama,

Every day that passes I miss you more and more because you have missed more and more of our lives. And although in some sense the intense pain has subsided slightly, your absence looms larger than ever.

This weekend we are headed to Chicago for a distraction from our daily routine. Making this trip special is our reservation at Alinea, a world renown restaurant known for incorporating the mind along with all five senses to interpret a dish. It is a once in a lifetime experience, one that I wish I could share with you. I don't want to be an obnoxious blogger/poser at Alinea. So although I might try to snap one picture of one of the 22 courses, I will write more of an emotional review than a blow-by-blow.

I know that you wouldn't want me to be silent forever. So I dedicate these writings to you, my muse.

With undying love,
Allison


1 comment:

Alessandra Collar Lipman said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It was obvious how much you loved her when you would talk about her at CBS. God bless!