You know by now (my six faithful readers) that I have a Tantre Farm crop share that I get every week. My ups and downs revolve around this wonderful bounty every week. I'm not going to be around to pick up next week's, and I have already tagged a friend to pick up next week. But I didn't want this week's to go to waste, and we're leaving in 24 hours.
So here's how I spent my last two hours.
- snapped and blanched one quart green beans (now freezing)
- chopped and blanched 10 summer squash (now freezing)
- shucked, blanched, and took the kernels off 8 ears of corn (now freezing)
- chopped and blanched one head of kale and one head of collard greens (now freezing)
- breaded and fried two large eggplant (now cooling on a rack - half to be eaten tonight for eggplant parm)
- made 4 jars full of pesto (basil, garlic, pine nuts, parm reg) (now freezing)
- slow roasted eight tomatoes (to be suspended in olive oil in the fridge until I'm back)
- refrigerated six beets and six carrots (they'll probably keep for a week in the fridge)
- washed the lettuce to eat tonight
- sliced and ate one yellow watermelon between five of us
P.S. Another wonderful Ann Arbor blogger, Four Obsessions, is cataloging her Tantre Farm's shares every week. If you're interested, take a look at what we're also eating every week. What a great idea! At one point I thought I could do it too, but I never got around to it. I'm glad she did!